I see how many people have talked about Cody and lowered their flags for him, and showed appreciation for him and it shows me that he really is a true hero. I'm so thankful for him. It comes as no surprise to me that his life was taken while trying to save the life of another soldier. He has always been the kind of person to put others before himself, and not just his friends and family. To him, every person came before himself.
Today is a day for us to really think about the sacrifice they made for us. Cody and SO, SO, SO many other brave men and women died so we don't have to. They live their lives in fear every single day, so we don't have to. They truly give up everything they have, so we don't have to. I believe those people are all granted a ticket straight to heaven.
It truly humbles me to know that there are people in our country who are more than willing to put their lives on the line every day for complete strangers.
I am so extremely grateful that I'm so blessed to live in this amazing country. We are free and we are safe, all because of the amazing people who love our country and its people so much that they sacrifice their entire lives for it.
I miss Cody so much, and these last couple of weeks have not been easy. But I am so thankful to him for all that he did for me, and for my family and for every other person in our country. He will always be remembered as a hero, because that's what he is.
I love this song so much. The chorus honestly gives me chills because it is so powerful.
"I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me. And I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today, cause there ain't no doubt I love this land. God Bless the USA."




No comments:
Post a Comment