The last few months, I've been trying to spend more time bettering myself. Usually, when I get some spare time, I'll watch TV or something like that. While I'm at work I usually have music playing from my headphones. Lately, I've been trying to read more in my spare time and study the scriptures more. I've switched from listening to music while working, to listening to conference talks- This is an idea I got from my brother, who is a great example to me, and listens to conference talks in his car instead of music. I have noticed a BIG change in how I've been feeling.
To me, life is so much easier when you know that there is a plan for each of us and that God loves us no matter what. I find so much comfort in knowing that he's always there... always. Yesterday at church, one of the women who was giving a lesson talked about a conference talk that she loved and recommended that we all go look it up. I listened to it that night, and I loved it just as much.
I wanted to share it here, because I'm sure there will be others who will appreciate it, as well.
The other things I wanted to mention in this post were the two books that I've been reading. One was recommended to me by a friend, and the other was one I just happened upon at Deseret Book, and they're both soo good so far.
The first one is:
The God Who Weeps
And the second one is:
Consider the Blessings
If you are looking for a good book to read, I highly recommend you pick one of those.
So, there you go! If you need a good book to read or a good video to watch, those are my best suggestions for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment