I think FINALLY, after 22 years of life, I realized that life won't always follow the plan that you had made for it. I've been getting really, really frustrated with a lot of things lately, not working out according to my plan. But I'm finally starting to realize & accept that God often has a different plan for us than we decide to have for ourselves. I don't know why I let it get to me so much, but nothing frustrates me more than life not cooperating with what I expect it to do. Some of the best advice I've ever receieved was that "You can't control what other people do or how they feel." That is something I have to remind myself quite often, as stupid as that sounds. For some reason that brings me comfort when I get frustrated about other people's decisions getting in the way of my 'plan'.
That said, it is true that sitting and hoping life will turn out the way you want it will do nothing for you. But, you have to take chances, make changes, and often make a new plan.
I know this post is all over the place, and jumbled. I'm sorry! But here's a cute little quote I found:

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis blog has changed my life. Not only has it changed my life but it has quite literally saved my life. Last week I was going to go set up my new satellite dish on the roof but I decided to stop off and check "The Ever Changing TImes"....Well as I was reading this blog my roof and the old satellite dish was struck by lightening. Thank you Amanda.... Thank You.
ReplyDelete