Lately, I've been struggling with holding grudges and not being able to move past things that I feel are unfair or that cause me anger. I've been praying a LOT for help with patience and letting go of things I can't change. I have been able to find more and more things that help me when I'm stressed out or angry.. mostly reading, writing, working out and cleaning (the last one is weird, I know.) I feel like the last couple of days I've really been receiving answers. It's mostly obvious things that I've heard a hundred times, but now I'm ready to start applying them in my life. The first one was an article one of my friends posted on Facebook yesterday. It's called "22 Things Happy People Do Differently." It's full of great reminders, and I took screenshots of every page on my phone so I would always have access to the tips. Here is a link to the article:
http://successify.net/2012/10/31/22-things-happy-people-do-differently/
It is definitely worth reading. The next thing that really stood out to me came from a story that I've probably heard a hundred times. My brother was talking about the story of Jonah and the whale and he mentioned a scripture where God was talking to Jonah. The scripture is found in the book of Jonah 4:4 and it says, "Then said the Lord, Doest thou well to be angry?" In other words, it does us no good to be angry or to hold grudges. I need to keep that in mind when I start to sweat the small stuff.
I'm excited to start trying harder to apply all of these things into my life!
You are very wise.
ReplyDelete